What is Seedlac?
Seedlac is a granular material obtained by crushing sticklac (lac resin left by lac bug on branches), it is then sieved to remove organic materials, then washed to remove insects parts and then dried.
USES OF SEEDLAC
(1) Seedlac is used in juices, carbonated drinks, wine, jam, sauce and candy for coloring.
(2) It is used as a dye for wool and silk, wood finish and skin cosmetics.
(3) Seedlac is used as a raw material for making shellac, Bleached Lac and Aleuritic Acid.
(4) Seedlac is used for manufacture of Lacquering.
INDUSTRIES WHERE SEEDLAC IS
1) Seedlac is used as Dyes in Textile industry
2) It is used in Cosmetics industry (skin)
3) It is used in furniture industry as wood varnish.
4) It is used in beverages industries such as juices, carbonated drinks, wines etc.