What is Turmeric Powder ?
Turmeric is a rhizomatous herbaceous perennial plant (Curcuma longa) of the ginger family, Zingiberaceae
Turmeric Powder is a bright yellow powder made by dry grinding of turmeric rhizomes.
What is Turmeric Flake ?
Turmeric Flakes, are thin flattened piece of Turmeric
USES OF Turmeric Powder & Flakes
(1) Turmeric Powder strengthens immune system. It is anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant.
(2) Turmeric lessens insulin resistance and prevents Diabetes – 2.
(3) Turmeric prevents acute liver damage.
(4) Turmeric is a home remedy for chronic cough, cold and throat irritation.
(5) Turmeric is a great pesticide to ward off insects, ants and termites.
(6) It is used in curry and gravy dishes. It acts as a preservative.
(7) It is used to protect food products from sunlight.
INDUSTRIES WHERE Turmeric Powder & Flakes ARE USED :
1) Circumin extracted from turmeric is used in food, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
2) Turmeric dye is used in textile industries.
3) Turmeric paper is used in paper industry
4) Turmeric Powder is applied for embellishment of body, clothing, utensils, and ceremonial uses.