What is Cassia Tora?
Cassia Tora Plant is a tropical herb with yellow flowers and slender curved pods. Cassia Tora plants can grow 30–90 centimeters (12–35 in) tall. The leaves grow up to 3–4.5 centimeters long. There are 30–50 seeds within a pod.
USES OF Cassia Tora
The seeds, roots and leaves from this plant has been shown to be very beneficial to the modern system of herbal medicines. Cassia Tora is used for treating skin diseases such as ringworm, itching, leprosy and psoriasis. Cassia Tora roots are used for treating snake bites.
The decoction of the leaves is a laxative. The seeds remove intense heat from the liver, improves vision, moisturizing intestine and loosen the bowels to relieve constipation.
INDUSTRIES WHERE CASSIA TORA IS
1) Cassia Tora is used in tea industry as a herb.
2) Cassia Tora can be used as substitute for coffee beans.
3) Cassia Tora Powder is used in Pet food industry.
4) Cassia Tora is used in medicinal herb industry.
5) It is used as a mordant in dyeing industry.
6) It is used in manufacture of gels.