What is Buttonlac?
Button Lac is Lac formed into cake shaped like buttons by melting and solidifying.
USES OF BUTTONLAC
(1) Button Lac is used in interior wood work
(2) It is used for polishing musical instruments
(3) It is used for floor Polishing.
INDUSTRIES WHERE BUTTONLAC IS
1) It is used in Pharmaceutical industry
2) It is used in Printing Ink industry
3) Button Lac is used in wood coating and polishing industry.
4) It is used as Varnishes in Paint industry.
5) Button Lac is used in electrical industry.
Diversified uses of lac in India Domestic consumption of lac and its value added products in various sectors have been quantified after having detailed discussions with traders, manufacturers and exporters of lac. Present scenario of product-wise consumption of lac in various sectors with approximate quantity has been presented and given in the Table 12. Table 12: Diversified uses of lac in India Name of products Approximate quantity used in India (tons) Application area Share of different sectors (in %) Paint & Varnish 58 Handicraft (cottage) 20 Ornaments 5 Cosmetics 3 Electrical insulation 4 Pharmaceutical Industries 3 Bulb capping cement 4 Seedlac/ Shellac/ Button Lac 2500 Others 3 Colorless varnish 70 Pharmaceutical Industries 15 Chocolate coating 5 Bleached lac 150 Other 10 Perfumery Industry 85 Cosmetics 10 Fine chemicals/Bio-active 3 Aleuritic Acid 25 Pharmaceutical Industries 2 Fruit coating 5 Varnish 80 Dewaxed Decolorized Lac 100 Other 15 Gasket Shellac 150 Automobile Industries 40 Sanitary fitting 60 Polish (Floor, Shoe, Auto mobile polish) 70 Cosmetics 10 Wax 15 Other 20 Dye 2 Textile Industries 100.